1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like wool and other natural fibers, synthetic fibers are not my favourites.
I store them in my old dresser which by the way gives the name for my blog (Piironki in English is a dresser).
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit, actually I don't remember when! I've been knitting most of my life. My mother always knits and I learned from her when I wasn't even at school.
I think that I'm intermediate or advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
I like scents that are found in gardens, meadows and forest - you can't buy them. So please, please do not send me anything that has an added scent. What I mean is that I don't like rose smelling soaps or candles or wool or anything like that.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like liqourice and chocolate's ok. I have diabetes so I can't eat a lot of candy. But I do like to drink tea (I prefer loose tea to teabags).
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
No, I don't spin. I have inhereted 2 old spinning wheels, but I don't spin. I do some crocheting and tatting.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like classical music. I ... erm ... I'm an old fashioned person when it comes to CDs and MP3s. I don't want to bothered by MP3s, Cds are modern enough for me!
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like most colors, I totally dislike pink and other pastel colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a hubby and a dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All of them.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I knit everything. My favourite item to knit is whatever I'm about to start. I'm always excited about new projects - whatever they are!
13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm knitting a scarf and a shawl. And about to start another shawl and mittens and socks and a scarf!!!!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love them.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have many, many needels, mostly aluminium. This winter I started to knit with bamboo and like them best.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, my Mom just bought me a swift. I don't have it here yet, it's at my Mom's, but next time I'll visit her, I'll get it.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Are we talking about knitting? If so, then half a year. If we're talking about other crafts as well, then there's this needlepoint picture I've been working on for years. (I can't stand it...)
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Easter are nice.
19. Is there anything that you collect? No.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm a pattern freak, I get inspired by patterns. I see a beautiful pattern and I just have to knit it. It used to be OK, but now with internet and knitting blogs it's getting almost out of hand. Inspite of that I've been dying to get a book called The Great American Aran Afghan. I'm knitting another aran afghan (see quiestion 17) but would love to try the American Aran Afghan. Actually any foreign (=not Finnish) knitting magazine would be interesting.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I knit socks among other things. My foot measurements are: lenght 23 cm, width 8 cm. I'm sorry, if you're not metric! I don't know how many feet my foot is (does that make any sense??)
23. When is your birthday? In March.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Because I go overboard with patterns I haven't signed up in Ravelry, but maybe I should?